Top Ten List for Selling Luxury Real Estate
Elite Referral’s top ten list for selling luxury real estate
The keys to selling luxury homes in general are not a mystery.
1) Realistic pricing — Have the home priced realistically by listening to the market, and current sales in your neighborhood. A good agent will have a have a finger on the pulse of pricing.
2) Great staging — Have the home staged appropriately – the visual presentation and feeling of the home shows how the space will be used and valued. Staging has consistently been the key element in repositioning homes to sell.
3) Professional photography (including stills and 3D tours) — Have the home professionally photographed – these images will be seen by tens of thousands of brokers and prospects worldwide. Easily the most important part of the marketing process is professional photography that captures the essence of your home.
4) Strong hand outs/support materials — Produce a high quality brochure as a take-away piece for all showings, loaded with property information. Include professional photography, survey map, floor plan and key selling feature.
5) Pre-inspections eliminating physical plant issues — Provide buyers with a professional inspection of your home your bottom line benefits by providing yourself a chance to repair noted items at a reasonable price (rather than acquiescing to buyers demands) and showing buyers you are confident in the condition of your home.
6) Extraordinary web presence by listing agent and brokerage — Feature the home and property information on the listing agents website as well as the brokerage site for added exposure.
7) Modern sales-assistance techniques versus old “hard sell” — Have a deep marketing plan that reaches across all platforms and can adapt to meet the needs of different homes, markets and clients.
8) Title binders updated upfront — Upfront verification of title information to ensure title is clean and in compliance.
9) Monthly updates on all facets of the market and the marketing — Listen to the market and feedback on the home.
10) Strong support staff to follow up on details — Have a supportive and responsive team behind the agent to address the needs and concerns of sellers.